The authorisation for special hazardous and non-hazardous waste disposal establishes a maximum quantity of collected wastes of 30,000 tons per year, and 500 tons per day.
Disposal lines include:
- D9 Physical-chemical treatment;
- D13 Blending or mixing prior to one of the operations expressed from point D1 to D12
- D14 Repackaging prior to one of the operations expressed from point D1 to D13
- D15 Storage pending any of the operations from point D1 to D14
The following activities are also included:
- Mixing with or without special dispensations of both hazardous and non-hazardous wastes;
- Chromate reduction (both liquid and solid waste);
- Neutralisation / Precipitation;
- Stabilisation / Solidification.
The wide range of options about possible treatments offered by ORIM also allows the collection of small and medium quantities of different wastes at the same time; furthermore, we are also available to face clients' particular issues about environmental emergencies (e.g. contaminated soil reclamations, respect for time limits of the temporary deposit, etc.).
Besides the waste management carried out by its plants, ORIM has agreements with specialised centres about the following disposal options:
- deposit on to Italian and foreign surface landfills;
- deposit into underground foreign landfills;
- deposit in single-product foreign landfills;
- incineration both in Italian and foreign plants;
- biological and/or chemical-physical treatment of any kind of liquid waste.