INDUSTRIAL WASTE MANAGEMENT
Waste Recovery, Transport and Disposal.
Services addressed both to Companies and Public Administrations.
Where it is not possible to recover the raw material, we take care of managing the phases of waste-to-energy or incineration or disposal.
The general treatment activities prior to recovery or disposal are the following:
- selection and sorting;
- shredding and volume reduction;
- svuotamento / travaso / infustamento / insaccamento;
- separazione di fasi;
- filtration / centrifugation;
- pressing / briquetting;
- neutralisation / precipitation;
- sorting and selection to eliminate foreign materials and impurities;
- iron removal and metal separation;
- dry and wet processing to eliminate foreign substances, and reclamation of containers in any type of material;
- heating system to fluidise oil and grease;
- identification and use of the materials that can be reused within the plant thus replacing the raw materials;
- drying / evaporation;
- batteries removal, framework disassembling, ensure the safety of cathode tubes, refrigeration fluids reclamation;
- homogenisation / waste post-treatment mixture;
- reclamation and disassembling of the transformers containing PCB.
The authorisation for special hazardous and non-hazardous waste recovery establishes a maximum quantity of collected wastes of 45,000 tons per year, and 500 tons per day.
Recovery lines include:
- R4 Recycling / Reclamation of metals or metallic compounds;
- R8 Recovery of components from catalysts (some types only);
- R12 Exchange of wastes pending any of the operations provided from point R1 to R11;
- R13 Storage of wastes pending any of the operations provided from point R1 to R12.
The authorisation for special hazardous and non-hazardous waste disposal establishes a maximum quantity of collected wastes of 30,000 tons per year, and 500 tons per day.
Disposal lines include:
- D9 Physical-chemical treatment;
- D13 Blending or mixing prior to one of the operations expressed from point D1 to D12
- D14 Repackaging prior to one of the operations expressed from point D1 to D13
- D15 Storage pending any of the operations from point D1 to D14
The following activities are also included:
- Mixing with or without special dispensations of both hazardous and non-hazardous wastes;
- Chromate reduction (both liquid and solid waste);
- Neutralisation / Precipitation;
- Stabilisation / Solidification.
ORIM's activity is complemented by the possibility to use its own authorised fleet of vehicles and drivers accurately trained – in compliance with the regulations in force – for the collection and transport of special hazardous and non-hazardous wastes.
Moreover, the Company has established a long-term business relationship with a network of Italian and foreign carrier companies, specialised in the waste field throughout Italy and foreign countries, in order to comply with its client's needs.
The wide range of options about possible treatments offered by ORIM also allows the collection of small and medium quantities of different wastes at the same time; furthermore, we are also available to face clients' particular issues about environmental emergencies (e.g. contaminated soil reclamations, respect for time limits of the temporary deposit, etc.).
Besides the waste management carried out by its plants, ORIM has agreements with specialised centres about the following disposal options:
- deposit on to Italian and foreign surface landfills;
- deposit into underground foreign landfills;
- deposit in single-product foreign landfills;
- incineration both in Italian and foreign plants;
- biological and/or chemical-physical treatment of any kind of liquid waste.